My first reactions to Shaghai was how this looks more like home, or what I would picture England. Here they have a farm right next to a skyscraper. I think that this is the idea of East meets west.
I mean when we went to the Bund the people spoke almost no English, but they loved the lime green shirts or our hair because I was with Nick, Ty, Brandon, Jacob, and Scott. Two of us had blonde hair. We were in about six pictures with strangers, it was crazy. The home visit was super cool. The house was small; all it had was a kitchen, two bedrooms, a bathroom, and a dining room that was connected to this one hallway. It made us think of what is really necessary at home because she has so much less than us, and seemed to be living a good life. There was a question and answer session, which gave me a chance to interview the lady, but I didn’t have my binder, so I only got some of my questions done. It was nice to learn from much form the eyes of the people, and not just from a book, a teacher, or a tour guide. Then, the lady said that we could have a look around. The more I saw it the more and more I realized that more than half the things in my room are not needed. After, the lady had Claudia play on the piano we went outside. They had an outside “gym”. In the U.S. we would consider it a small park. Then, we went to a market. When Sandy said “market” I think everybody thought a grocery store, but this was a legit market. It had everything from clothes to vegetables. They scaled and chopped the fish right there in front of us. That was so different because here all of that stuff is already done for us. Everything was super fresh. We saw the fruits and vegetables and they were so big, when we go to a grocery store they are a lot smaller than what they had at that market. We got a lot of pictures, and it was just an amazing site to see. Then, we went to an acrobat show. When the people were bending in half or tumbling through hoops, I would’ve been more impressed if I wasn’t a worlds cheerleader because I know a lot of people who do that stuff all of the time, and I see it on a regular basis, but the acrobat show wasn’t just flipping and bending in half, or even stunting. They also had a magic portion, and my personal favorite a motorcycle portion. The motorcycle portion was really cool because four people went into this large metal globe and rode around in it.
No comments:
Post a Comment